Monday, September 29, 2008

Floatin' the River

Daniel & I took a little trip down to New Braunfels, for our anniversary, this weekend. We had a really good time walking through the little stores and antique malls. We stayed at a bed & breakfast, which was right on the Guadalupe River. It was very pretty & relaxing! Here is the view from our door...
Another view to see the river...
At one of the places we went for dinner they had this old fire hose...
Downtown Gruene at night (which was about a mile from the place we stayed.
For our first time, we floated the Guadalupe! The water was ice cold. Although, after a while my butt & toes got numb, so it wasn't too bad :) Until we went over the rapids & got soaked. We had a blast and it was an experience! We did the 4 hour float, which was the longest, and I couldn't imagine going any longer than that. I found out, as we were getting out of the water, that Daniel saw a snake swimming with us-so glad I didn't know this at the time-I would have been in his tube real quick! Wish we had pictures of us on the river, but we didn't want to loose all the pics from the trip, if the camera got soaked. Here is the river, where we put our tubes in...
A family of deer close to our b&b...
Daniel & I...on our 6th (wedding) anniversary.

3 comments:

Renae said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

VNG said...

Wow! Y'all had a GREAT anniversary. I'm glad you guys had some fun and congrats on 6 years!

Anonymous said...

Hey, where did y'all stay? We stayed at the Gruene Mansion Inn when we were there in July. :) Good times!!