Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hockey Moms and Butts

Don't know if any of you watched Sarah Palin last night, but she was awesome. We do vote(republican), but this time, we honestly weren't real crazy for either of the candidates. Her speech last night changed that! I am so excited for her. She just seems so real. I know they all say things to make you vote for them, but I have a really good feeling about her. And besides, she's a hockey mom, so I would vote for her anyway!!! :)

Only difference between a hockey mom & a pit bull...lipstick!! so true! I can't wait for Brenden to start playing. He doesn't know what he's got comin'-or what i've got comin'! ;) I've had a head start with being a hockey sister, wife, daughter, & player.

Ok, now onto the butt part of the title...there was a note yesterday on Brenden's daily sheet, that said his teacher needed to speak to us in the morning. I wish she would have explained a little more-so many things were going through my mind. Last night I was trying to think of what it might be about.

Here's the deal...he likes butts. Can't blame him. I had a feeling this is what it had to do with, so I asked him "Buddy, have you been touching your friends' butts at school?" He got this huge smile on his face and said "yea!" haha I had to cover my mouth, so he wouldn't see me smiling.

So, I told him we don't touch people's butts. He said "only mommy & daddy." lol! He has seen Daniel & I pop each other on the backside & he has started to do it. Although, he takes it a little far & has tried to stick his hand in the crack of our pants (just our pants, not our actual backside-just in case you were wondering). lol sorry, can't help but laugh.

His teacher said that a girl was laying on a bench while they were playing outside, and he was beside her...by this time my mind was racing-what in the world did he do?!? She said he looked to see if the other teacher was looking & then he went & lifted up the back of her pants, & looked at her butt! no way. She said it's nothing bad & they all start doing things like that at this age, boys earlier than girls.

I'm not too sure what to say to him, other than not to do it. She said to get a book for him that tells about our bodies, but I think that may make him more excited!!! :)

2 comments:

VNG said...

Oh My Gosh, Kels!!!!!!!!!

That's all I can say.

:o)

Renae said...

That's not funny at all.. Just joking that is so funny to me- I know others may view this as serious but he's a little growing, and learning little boy. I think a simple little talk about bodies will suffice, just remember after the talk to randomly ask him little questions just to see if he learned from your talk. I had the no touching body parts talk with my daughter and she took from it everything I wanted her to. So my advice is just sit down with him maybe 2 or 3times and talk about it.