Monday, October 20, 2008

Phone. In the gutter.

Not kidding. This...
Went in this...
Brenden & I got home, went to check the mail like always. I had my phone in my hand. Along with my purse, his backpack & my keys. I was opening the mailbox, when my phone fell out of my hand. I froze (& held my breath), you know, as if me being still will make my phone freeze & not fall into the gutter. Well, that didn't work. The back popped off (stayed up on the street) & the rest of the phone fell into the black hole. I was lost. We don't have a home phone. Only our cell phones. And, of course... Daniel is on shift! Surprise, surprise. You mean, something happened & Daniel wasn't home to help!?! Yea, he seems to be on shift every time he's needed or when something unusual goes wrong. Although he was home this weekend when a little gecko was in our house :)
Anyway...how am I going to get this thing out? Went next door, used their phone. Called Daniel to let him know I don't have a phone. I said "I have a fireman & he's not going to come help get my phone!?" Little Man said "maybe a police officer will come help!" haha Daniel wasn't too sure what to think of that :)
The neighbor called her son & he came & climbed into the gutter & got my phone!!! YAY! I was so thankful. In the meantime, Daniel had called the fire station close to our home & asked them to come help me! I thought that was awesome! So, um, they were already on the way when the boy had gotten my phone out. So, we got to say hi to the guys anyway :) Here they are leaving the house...

It was a pretty eventful 30mins. Then, my parents called & I found out the bottom floor of their house flooded from the washer. Fun. Ok...I have to go make my neighbors (and firemen) some cookies...

1 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow! Does your phone still work? That was so nice of your neighbors to get the phone out of the gutter! That post made me laugh. I can totally see you holding your breath to freeze time. :)