Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Awesome Weekend

We had such a good weekend!! Daniel's Dad & Step mom came over Saturday morning & visited for a bit, which was nice! That night Daniel, Brenden & I went to the Circus. It was Brenden's first time! We had planned on getting a bite to eat downtown, before the circus, so we didn't have to eat a nasty hot dog, or cold nachos. Well, that's exactly what we ate for dinner! When we got downtown, we went to the water gardens. We had so much fun! It was a beautiful afternoon, not 150 degrees like it has been! So, we spent all our extra time there, & had to eat at the circus.
Daniel & Bren
Brenden givin' me some love! He is such a sweetheart-look out ladies, he's gonna be like his daddy :)
Daniel & Brenden down in the main water garden. This place is so pretty & peaceful!
This is how far I got! I went down maybe 4 steps & about had a heart attack. It seemed like the steps were moving under me! So, I stayed up on top & freaked out about Brenden being down there. He loved it though.
We were able to go to the animal open house they have before the show starts. It was really neat-you are able to get almost right up to the animals. Here is one of the white tigers, sleeping. They are so pretty! Wish I could have one.
This is Toby. He kept getting in trouble, because he would lift up the pole in front of him, with his trunk & make it fall back down. It was really cute!! He just wanted to play ;)
All the tigers...this was probably one of the best parts of the show. The circus lasts for 2 hours, which is longer than I had remembered, but we thought we would stay the whole time-even though it would be a bit after Brenden's bed time. Well, about half way through, after the tigers were done, he looked at me & said "can we get out of this place?" haha!!!! It was so funny. We went ahead & left, since we had already had a busy day.

This was how our Sunday morning began...with drums! While we were getting ready for church, Brenden got his drum out, then Daniel went & got two pans out, & the beat began! He keeps beats really well, I can't wait to see if he will do something with music. I'm sure we'll be getting a drum set for Christmas ;)

Oh, and the tongue always helps! :)

Sunday night we went to my parent's house for dinner & had a good time there too! Not too many things planned for this next weekend, but I'm sure something will come up. We have so much fun doing things together & going places, we can't just sit around the house! :)

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Ahh! I miss the Water Gardens! Looks like yall are doing great. And I love Brenden's song..he is GT as we teachers say.

VNG said...

Wow! I miss the Water Gardens, too. My family and I are going to have to take a trip to Downtown Fort Worth soon.

The circus looked like it was fun. Those tigers are amazing.

Hope you can make it to Natalee's party on Saturday!