Thursday, August 28, 2008

Scratch & Sniff

Don't ya just love the smell of fresh baked bread!?! That's what our home smelled like on Tuesday :) It was yummy!!!
Speaking of smell...I know most of you have not had the pleasure of smelling (played in) hockey equipment. Well, let me just give you an idea...We were washing Daniel's equipment a couple nights ago & while we were putting it into the washer (as I was holding my breath), my eyes started burning! No lie! I just had to turn around & walk out of the laundry room. It's awful. I'm sure it doesn't help that they don't wash the jersey's after every game, which I may start doing. On Sunday night at Bubba's game, Brenden & I sat a couple rows back from the bench-big mistake!!! I have been around hockey all my life & have actually gotten used to the smell, but sometimes it just slaps you in the face! Well, it did at Bubba's game. I asked Brenden "do you smell that?" He sniffed & said "what?" I said "that nasty hockey smell." He sniffed again & said "yea, it smells good!" what!?! Guess he's made to play hockey!
Anyway...just continue thinking about wonderful fresh baked bread ;)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

That's so funny! And I actually wanted to scratch my computer screen to smell the bread. For one split second, I thought, "that's so cool, how did she do that?" then I realized it is not possible...It would be really cool, though, if you could do that.

VNG said...

Darn! That bread looks goooooooood! I love fresh bread. Now if only I can learn how to make it come out right.

Lol

Anonymous said...

The bread looks great!! But that hockey gear...good NIGHT. You're more of a woman that me if you touch it, I make Evan wash his own hockey stuff!!! (Although he does wash it every week, which helps keep the stinch to a minimum --- if there is a minimum to hockey stinch.)