Monday, April 7, 2008

Ten Years Ago Today...

Little did I know, ten years ago today at Redbird Skateland in Duncanville, TX, I would meet the man I would spend the rest of my life with.

We were at hockey practice & I had gone out to the car to wait for my parents & brother. A guy(who I had noticed several times before) walked up beside the car & I shut my door, thinking he was getting in the car next to us. Then he knocked on my window. I opened the door & he asked me for my number. I would never recommend the response I gave him...I asked him "why"? Seriously, I had to ask why?!?! haha He could have just ended it there, but he said "so I can call you"! Oh, duh! lol And he did, he called me that night! He told me he was 16, which wasn't too bad, with me being 14. But, I found out later that he would be turning 17 in two days. Sneaky! I continued to let my dad think he was 16 a little longer than he was :) Well, now it's ten years later. We've been through heartache, excitement, pain, firsts, nervousness, happiness, changes & SO much love!

I love this man so much more than I could ever explain & I feel so blessed that God put us both in the right place at the right time! I could not imagine my life & our family any different than it is today.

This is how Daniel & I met...Ten years ago today

5 comments:

Terri said...

And we are so BLESSED that God put you too together also.

Happy Anniversary. Love you both so much.

Mom & Dad

Renae said...

Happy Anniversary !!!

Joanna said...

That's awesome! What a cute story! It's so fun to remember those things and see how far you've come!

VNG said...

Awee....that's a cute story. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!

Bridget said...

That is such a sweet story! congrats :)