Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weekend What-nots

Let's see if I can remember the weekend since it's, ya know, Wednesday already!

Friday night we met my mom, brother & grandmother at Red Robin for dinner, then they were going to take Brenden back to their house for the night, so we could do the garage sale. (whew-that sentence wore me out) My mom & Daniel's birthday is tomorrow, so they had coupons for free burgers. It was yummy :)

That night Daniel & I stayed up finishing things for the garage sale (which went a lot better than expected! got rid of a butt load of clothes!) He was putting together the two clothes racks we borrowed from my grandmother. These things are old, which means they were actually built worth while. He asked for my help to hold one side, while he twisted the other. He started twisting the darn thing before I had a hold of my end. This heavy, hard, metal clothes rack slammed into my ear! It hurt more than anything has in a long time. Right on the cartilage at the top. So, it turned all shades of pretty purple & swelled up a bit. Nice.

My dad got a new job a couple weeks ago, and he has email. My dad has never once worked on a computer. My mom has had him get on it to try it out & learn, but he has never had to do it for work. Well, he does get on it now to work. Which is pretty big for him, he is very insecure about it. Not really open to learning new things I think. He just sent me the second email I have ever received from him. The first was last week. Pretty neat!

It's been a little rough this week, for Doodle. And me I guess. He has been whiny, and a little bossy. And isn't putting his listening ears on too well, either! He had his new scooter taken away for 24hrs, and he didn't like that too well, so hopefully it will get better. I just keep praying for patience for me, as well as being equipped to be a great mom for him. I love him.

And my husband, I love him too ;) 11 years ago yesterday, he walked up & asked me for my number. Then I asked why. Ha! Dork. He still called me!

This is not really weekend what nots is it? More like, I'm at work, high on Sudafed, & would rather be writing non stop than doing anything productive. Whatever...

I'll just keep going. We have a realtor coming to look at our house tomorrow night. We'll see what she says. We (Daniel-not me) go back & forth on selling the house. Just keep praying that we will know God's will. The market is pretty good in our area now, so maybe it won't take long.

Tomorrow is Daniel's bday!!! 28-gettin on up there! Hope he's excited, he gets to go to a bonnet parade & egg hunt at Brenden's school, in the morning, then we clean the house for the realtor to come that night. Fun day :) My mom gets to work on her birthday(it's tomorrow too, like i said), so I guess that's not any better.

lata! pics to come after the egg hunt tomorrow!

1 comments:

VNG said...

Shades of purple is your color, so it worked out well......

J/K

Happy Birthday Daniel and Kelsie's Mom!!!!

At least your week was better than mine....