Friday, April 25, 2008

My Two MVP's


Well, Daniel got some new hockey equipment yesterday & Brenden was so excited about it. He couldn't wait to play! They were out in the garage taking some shots & having such a good time. I love watching the two of them play together-it just melts my heart!!

I started trimming the bushes out front while they were playing. I love doing yard work! Anyway, Daniel came over while I was trying to reach the back of the bushes, which go up against the front of the house. Instead of trying to help, he decides to play like he is going to push me into them. Keep in mind, I am trimming the bushes with this electrical hedge trimmer thing that goes really fast & is pretty darn sharp ;) Well, as he tried to "play like" he was pushing me in, I slung that thing around, to "play like" (that's what he thinks anyway) I was going to get him with it. Well, he lets go of me & I do fall into the bushes!! Go ahead, laugh :) It was funny actually, although I have a few scrapes on my arms. I'm sure I looked pretty crazy chasing him around the yard with the hedge trimmer after I climbed out of the bushes!

Joanna, this is for you...We were sitting down for dinner last night & Brenden walks over to the table with his play phone against his ear. He was just talking up a storm. He looked at us & said he was talking to his friend. I asked him which friend he was talking to & he smiled & said Kadence! I thought it was pretty cute. So let her know that Brenden said hi!

Ok, I feel like a terrible Mom & I don't know why I am about to tell this, but here it goes. I went & bought some children's liquid Zyrtec for Brenden last night. The doctor told me to give him some because of his allergies being bad lately. As I got into bed, something made me think of how much I gave to him before he went to bed. It said to give kids his age 1/2 a teaspoon every 24hrs, & that's what the doc said too. Well, the cup that came with it has markings for 1tsp & 2tsp (I didn't see the marking for 1/2tsp on the side of the cup at the time). I think I just thought the lower marking was for his 1/2tsp dose, so I filled it up to that line. I gave him too much!!! I ran into his room to make sure he was breathing then went to tell Daniel. He said he is just fine & will be ok-don't worry. HAHA-SURE!! I just couldn't sleep. I gave him a double dose-I have to worry! I got back out of bed & I called the poison control. He said it would be ok & that nothing serious would happen. I went back into his room & checked on him again. During the night I heard him cough like two times & I said thank you Lord!! :) He is fine, just like Daniel said he would be! I was so scarred last night. I will start double checking the doses from now on!

Not too much going on this weekend. We have a garage sale at my parent's house tomorrow, so hopefully that will go well. The Star's first game of the second round is tonight!!!! Go Stars!!

1 comments:

Joanna said...

Awww...that is SO cute! He's so smart - I can't believe he remembers playing with her! How sweet. Tell Brenden Kadence says hi too. I'm sure she misses him.