Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Are you my mother?

You remember the book where the animal (is it a bird??) goes around asking other animals if they are his mother? Well, it happens in real life. We found a bird's nest in our tree this weekend & a hatched egg on the ground! We were excited to have baby birds :) The neighbor's had one in their tree also, who hatched a little while ago. He was on our porch today & is so cute! (brenden just walked in here, gave me a big hug & said i love you so much!-just had to add that in real quick-he's the best) ok now back to the bird...He flew away & I looked out the side window to see where he would go...
He went to our neighbor's yard. That is him on the left. I guess he wanted to see if that black bird (on the right) was his mother. Well, um...that bird is dead. I noticed her there this morning. So I guess she never answered the baby bird...on to the next animal...
by the way, it was not his mother! it was another type of bird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok... LOL! That was interesting, we went from the childrens story to Brenden telling you he loves you to baby birds and the to death... This blog covered it all! So did the baby bird ever find his mother or is it still looking??

VNG said...

Awe......the other one was dead? How sad! I hope he finds his way!