Thursday, September 18, 2008

My new ride!

Well, I traded in my car on Saturday & have been blessed to get what I've wanted for a long time. I went to test drive one a couple weeks ago, and just fell more in love :)
I had my 03 Accord for 3 years (bought it used-which I said I would never buy a used car, because you just never know what's really going on with it), and it was pretty much a wacko! I love Honda's and I loved that car. I was just always paranoid, wondering what was going to happen next. The alarm system was a spaz-the horn would start honking for no reason, the lights would click on & off & the only way to get it to stop was to unhook & re hook the battery. I got flat tires ALL the time. When I went to get my inspection done a month ago, it didn't pass, so I had to get something repaired. The check engine light came on...and so on...
After I test drove the Hummer, I just had a wrong feeling. I felt like I just needed to be content & thankful for what I had (which I always have been). I just prayed & asked that God show me His will, and if it was for me to get the truck, to just show me. The next day, I got in my car to leave work & the maintenance required light started flashing! You've got to be kidding me...what now! We just knew we would have to continue putting money into this car(that we still had a couple years of payments on). The following day the dealership called us, telling us all the great deals they had going on. We decided to go back in & see what would happen-all the while still praying :) Then next day, I drive home in this...
I just love him!!! He's so purdy and big and SAFE :)
It actually took me a couple days to let myself be happy & excited about it. I just totally don't want people getting the wrong impression. I was content with what I had & I feel so blessed to be able to have something like this.

3 comments:

Renae said...

WAY TO GO !!! That's very nice you should be very proud of yourself. i'm sure Daniel is loving this as well.

Joanna said...

WOW!!! It's awesome!!! I love it. I hope you have so much fun!

VNG said...

Yes, u should feel proud of yourself. You guys did great for your family and shouldn't worry about what other people feel. I'm proud of you myself and wish I would have gotten my things in order when I was younger and am now paying for it. Things will work out though, I know it will. Whenever Heavenly Father feels like we're ready to move on, He'll show us.