Friday, January 2, 2009

Where'd the year go?

I can't believe it's already 2009. This past year flew by! It seems like as I get older, the years go by faster & faster. Time flies, when you're having fun, right?

We had a nice Christmas & New Years. I didn't take many pictures over the holidays, & honestly have not looked at the few I did take, so I'm just going to write about it...

I think our Christmas went on for about a week & a half. It started the Tuesday before & ended New Year's Eve! Seeing different families on different days & trying to let Daniel have all his Christmas, since he was on shift the day of. Oh, & Santa came to our house a day early!! He new daddy would be at the station, & wanted him to be able to be a part of the day. :) Brenden got his Spider man scooter he's been asking for & we also got him a hockey set, that comes with two goals & 4 sticks & other fun stuff. I think he loves that just as much as the scooter! I think it would be easier to list the things he didn't get, so I will just stop there! I'm just excited to go through all his old toys & get them donated. We have been so blessed. Really. This past year has been so hard on so many people, with the jobs & gas prices & the economy. We feel very blessed that we have secure jobs, that will never be lost & that the market won't hurt us.

I got lots of purple stuff for Christmas!!! love it! Daniel got me a purple hoodie, & he also got me a purple Mag lite flashlight! This thing is the same size that the police carry & it is the most beautiful color purple ever! I have been wanting to have better flashlights around the house, they just make me feel a little more safe, & this thing is also a weapon, it's so big! His main present for me though...I have a massage a month for a whole year!!! I got my first one on Tuesday. I think he may have to do this every year for me, after I get spoiled this year ;) I got him a new system for his truck, & also got a few of the pictures framed of him that were taken while he was at fires. Now, he just needs to hang them!

New year's was as boring as the past 3 have been. So exciting! Just Brenden & I at home (because, you know, Daniel was at the station!), in bed before midnight. Although, my mom & grandmother came over & we went out to dinner, so I guess we did do something :)

Anyway, didn't plan on this being so lengthy, and boring! I pray that 2009 will be a wonderful, safe, healthy, happy, blessed year for us all!

0 comments: