Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I was supposed to serve on Jury Duty yesterday...

But I forgot. Totally. Forgot. Jury duty. How does that happen?? I have never known of anyone forgetting they needed to be at Jury duty. But I did!

Yesterday morning I was at work, talking to my friend Vipha & she was saying how she was late to work because her husband had to go to jury duty. I swear my heart fell on the floor. I said "what is today???" The 10th. I ran out & said, um I've got to call Daniel. I was so scared that I was going to be arrested or something. I started crying. I was terrified. I don't want to go to jail!

Well, I called Daniel & his response was, "don't call me, call them!" Oh, uh, yea. Ok, good idea. I called the number they had on the papers, left a message saying I totally forgot. When the lady called me back, I asked her if I was going to be arrested & she paused. Then said probably not. She sure sounded reassuring!

Everything was fine. I have been rescheduled for a date in February. I pray I remember that day! Something tells me I will be arrested if I don't!

0 comments: