Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Day Off

Well, Doodle had his three year check up yesterday & it went great! He is at the 90th% for height & 50th% for weight. tall and skinny :) The doctor had him recognize shapes, animals & just kind of quizzed him a little bit & he did awesome! We are so proud of him.

Then Daniel & I went to the dentist for a cleaning-or so we thought. Almost 3 hours later I come out with having a root canal done. It honestly was not that bad. They gave me the laughing gas, headphones with music, and a blanket! It does hurt a little today. I'm just going to have to deal with that though, because I can't take the pain meds while driving or working. I get to go back in 4 weeks & then they will put on the overlay, or crown, or whatever.

But, I have never felt closer to God than I did while they were doing my tooth. Seriously. I don't know why I felt that way, but it was nice. I was pretty scared when they told me I was going to have the root canal done. I didn't want to feel the shot in my mouth (although it would not have felt anything like the injections I had while I was pregnant-another story). Once they started the laughing gas, I just began to pray. I prayed about my family, Brenden, Daniel & I, life, my tooth, safety, happiness, worrying, and I was thankful for a lot. My whole mouth was numb, but while I was laying there with my eyes closed, half asleep, I could feel tears running down my face. I just felt so thankful & close to Him. I wish I could feel that way throughout my day. I don't always feel that close, or strong in my faith, but I know it will come. I'm trying. I'm trying to trust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kels,
I am so blessed to have you as my wife... God is in control and His plan is perfect. Even when we get in the way of His original plans He is still in control and using our foul ups or sin to acomplish His perfect plan. Remembering this removes all of my worries because I know that I am not in control, He is... Psalm 27,Is 41:10 I Love You so much!

Joanna said...

I love this. I love your honesty and openness. Staying close to God in our daily lives is a struggle that all of us face - I love that you put it into words. Keep pressing into Him. I love that you used a non-fun situation and let it bring you closer to God. Thanks for sharing your journey. :)