Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Weekend

We had another good weekend! Had some things planned, but not too much. We had a surprise party for my Grandmother. She turns 80 in July! That is her on the left in the hot pink. She still works & can almost run circles around any of us! She's awesome :) It was a combined party for a few people who have milestone birthdays this year. On the right is my great aunt & her husband, & next to my grandmother is another great aunt's husband. I don't have any idea who the little girl is! lol Our family is too big to know everyone. But we all have fun together!
While we were having lunch at the party, Brenden was doing something he shouldn't have been doing(don't remember what). Daniel was trying to get onto him about it, & my brother was doing all he could not to laugh(so was I-I was the one at first letting him know why he shouldn't be doing what he was doing, but Daniel had to take over because Brenden & I were laughing about it). Anyway...Bubba(my brother-yes I am Texan!) finally just had to put the napkin over his mouth so Brenden wouldn't see him laughing.
The party was at a country club, so we walked out to the course. Brenden had fun rolling & throwing golf balls! And he helped sweep the sand pit thingy.
That night, the three of us went swimming & had a really good time! Brenden said he wanted to swim under water, like Daddy, so here ya go! He did & had fun! We told him to keep his mouth closed & hold his nose, then we would dunk him under. We may not have to take him to swim lessons after all :)
Tooth update...as if you all wanted one. I was in a lot of pain this weekend! Not because of the root canal, but because of my wisdom teeth. I wish they would have taken those out before the dang root canal(that tooth was not bothering me!) Well, last night it was really bad. This morning I realize my bottom one pushed through overnight! I was teething!! Now I have a flap of my gum just kinda laying there. Gross! I almost passed out when I noticed it this morning.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

That's so funny. We are always trying not to laugh at Kadence when she does goofy things too. It's so hard. Sometimes when we are able to keep a straight face, we go in our room later and bust up about it. Where do they come up with the things they do?

VNG said...

Lol! Flap of gum! Those can be painful. I had all four of mine pulled out; two at a time and it was swollen. Better to do them now then later....